Solution Advisory & Delivery
Finance, Marketing, Supply chain
Volume planning for CPG companies is challenging and even more so when new items are involved. Multiple stakeholders with siloed communication and processes, lack of historical data, and the uncertainty of consumer reactions all conspire to make planning an extremely difficult process. With less than 3% of new items succeeding in the marketplace, the stakes are high to get innovative plans as accurate as possible to ensure alignment of marketing activities, adequate product supply, and excellent retail execution. By providing a connected volume and innovation planning solution, CPGs can ensure that planners can create the optimal plan to increase new item launch success rates.Request a demo
Innovation Planning — a critical component to a CPG growth strategy
The CPG Volume and Innovation Planning solution allows all stakeholders (corporate planning, demand planning, marketing, account teams, and distributors) access to real-time information to ensure that the Financial and Sales Volume plans associated with new item launches are accurate and timely. The solution allows these stakeholders to operate with velocity and level of granularity that would be impossible using traditional planning software or spreadsheets and positions CPGs for success despite the volatility of marketplace dynamics.
- Ability to create a new item as a starting point prior to being in the ERP product master.
- Benchmark new item forecast based on historical data of one or more existing SKUs.
- Plan at aggregate levels while making granular adjustments to market or customer plans that are based localized market dynamics.
- Complete flexibility to make adjustments to volume assumptions at all levels.
- Ability to forecast sales, profit, and margin.
- Direct linkage to demand plans that ensure adequate supply for meeting new item launch promotions and demand generation activities.